Tuesday, January 17, 2012

////

The First Step

Yes it's true, I officially created a blog. I always felt blogs were for people who are either great writers and have funny posts to read, people who are photographers, and those who have entertaining lives to write about. Well, I am not a writer, not a photographer, and I definitely don't feel like my life is entertaining enough to blog about--yet a blog was always in the back of my mind. It also seems like a great alternative to scrap-booking, which if you know me I am NOT crafty at all, so here I am!!

I feel like since this is the first post it is appropriate for me to share with those of you who don't know the story of Trevor and I. (I'm acting like I will have all these people reading this when in reality I will probably only have like 5 people at the most who read my posts regularly hahaha) 
Trevor and I met at the Hallofunkaween dance on October 29th, 2010. The funny thing about this is, Trevor HATES dances. Probably because of his lack of rhythm and he was worried what people would think about his mad dancing skills, but those skills are what made me fall in love with him.....well, not really ha. His friends would always invite him to dances on the weekends, but he would always turn them down. On that night however, his friend says to him "What if you meet your wife at the dance tonight?" I'm still not quite sure if that comment is what got Trevor to go to the dance, but I'm happy he did. Now for my part of the story---I was a dancer. If you wanted to know where I was on the weekend, just check your local listings for dances that weekend and that's where I was. Now, you always wonder with people you meet if they could be the potential "one." But, I had been to too many dances to ever think I would meet my husband at a dance, cause all the guys I met at dances were jerks---yup jerks I say. So I just was going to that dance with some of my girls to have a fun night, not expecting much.

Trevor showed up at the dance with a group of guys, of which I happened to know a few of them. I saw Trevor and thought to myself "Wow he's hotttt. Who is this kid and why have I never met him?" So being the confident freak I am, I approached him and the first thing I said to him was, "What's your name?" Haha I'm such a dork. Anyway, we proceed to talk a bit, about as much as you can at a dance, and then we parted and went out separate ways for the rest of the night. Trevor claims to this day he walked by me at one point and I smacked his butt, but let's be real...does that sound like something I would do??? Later that night after the dance he kept bugging a mutual friend to give him my number, which he eventually got. He texted me the next day asking what I was doing, we found out we both were going to the same dance again, so we decided to meet up and go together. We ended up sitting outside of the dance on a bench and talked for 3 hours instead of bustin out some sweet moves. Now here is the part that most people don't know and shocks a lot of poeple---during that 3 hour conversation on the bench, we talked about life and everything there is to it. He was the first guy I had ever met who genuinely wanted to know everything about me. He looks at me at one point and says, "There is something really different about you, and I don't think I want you dating anyone else." Now normally this is where with any guy I usually would have got up and ran away thinking 'THIS GUY IS A FREAKING CREEP' but what came out of my mouth surprised even me. My response was "Okay!" So yes, within 24 hours of knowing each other Trevor and I were in fact a couple. Crazy, I know.

 The rest is history. The next day he came with me to have dinner at my parents house and meet them. We spent everyday with each other after that. Within a few weeks Trevor had told me he loved me, and I too loved him, and we knew from there that we were going to get married. 3 months after meeting him he proposed to me on the same bench we first sat on, and then 3 months after that we were married on May 6th 2011 in the Salt Lake City Temple. 
No I am NOT wearing a snuggie people

That's a total of 6 months of knowing each other. It still surprises me to this day how fast things moved with him, considering I always had thought to myself I would know the man I was going to marry for like 2 years and then be engaged for a year--oh also I wasn't going to get married till I was 25 or so and possibly was going to go on a mission and travel the world. Well as they say, life doesn't turn out the way you think it's going to, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I couldn't imagine my life without Trevor, and I can't really remember life before him. It feels like I have know him for forever, and it's felt like that since day 1. 


So there is our story, and here is our blog that will feature the exciting moments of our lives as the Paces. 













2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Unknown said... Friday, January 20, 2012 at 11:34:00 PM MST

    Um I love that you made not that you were not in fact wearing a snuggie but it totally looks like it. Haha. Love you coley. Don't discount your blog bc you don't think you are this or that. Screw it it's like a journal and as much, if not more for you and your kids than other people. I say whatever I want and I don't care bc it's my blog and if people read it it's at their own risk. You are funny own it. Also your house is massive and look awesome. Here's to no more idiots working on your house or pouring concrete. Our home inspector guy rocks and he gives you chocolate. Just FYI id you want one.

  2. Nicole said... Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 2:51:00 PM MST

    Haha danu you are so funny. Thanks! And ya that sounds awesome about the inspector! Where is your house?! I hope you are feeling well and hope you and dave and baby cam are just great!!!

Post a Comment

Search This Blog