Wednesday, March 21, 2012

////

I Suck At Blogging

Coooooool. 2 months later and I'm finally writing another blog post. I officially suck at blogging. Buttt now that we are in our house and getting settled and life isn't as hectic anymore, I will should be able to keep up with my posts. So a lot has happened since my last post. We've have lots of birthdays in my family (Shay-Trevor's sister, my birthday, my sister Jamie's birthday, Jaden my nephew's birthday anddd if there is anyone else I forgot of then I am sorry there are just too many birthdays to remember but I still love you.) Trevor also switched to a different floor at his work (he is still with PMI) but he now sells Real Estate instead of stuff to do with the internet. It was a pretty smooth transition which we are thankful for and he is loving it over there. We bought a truck but will probably be selling that soon-some of you might ask why, but for those of you who know my husband then you will know why we would buy a car and then 2 months later sell it. And of course the biggest event since my last blog...we MOVED!!!! 

But the post isn't over yet and you still have to wait to look at the pictures..unless you scrolled down and looked at the pictures first and don't intent to read this post-but if you do that you will miss out on the many wonderful adventures we have had with our house that I absolutely love. PAUSE-I forgot to update you all that they fixed our driveway...it's still as steep as Mount Everest but at least I can get my car up my driveway---yay. SO upon arrival to our house we realized that the appliances weren't working-but being the smart people we are, we soon realized we just had to flip the breaker. Easy fix right? Right. Next we decided to run a rinse cycle on the dishwasher before I loaded it with a load of dishes. We soon found out that in fact the dishwasher was NOT hooked up yet, but nothing bad or horrible happened-there was just a funky smell because the motor was running without any water. So I had to wait a day till the plumber came out to hook it up. No big, right? Next I threw a load of clothes into the washer---found out that my new washer sings me a song when it is done. Cute. Then naturally, I go to put the clothes in the dryer. Ummm the dryer is NOT working people. Come to find out the numnuts who delivered our appliances brought the wrong dryer vent so we had to go get our own. Sweeet. Oh no, but it's not over yet my friends. (By the way this all happened on Saturday-the day we moved in. Can you say stressful?)

So the next day the plumber comes to hook up the dishwasher. He soon leaves and then I decide to put some dishwasher SOAP (THE KIND THAT IS MEANT FOR THE DISHWASHER-NOT LIKE DAWN OR ANYTHING) and I decide to run a rinse load before I put the dishes in. 5 minutes later Trevor walks out into the kitchen-and I can't repeat what he said-but I come running out to find soap bubbles ALL OVER MY NEW HARDWOOD FLOOR. How there were bubbles everywhere from the soap that is meant to go into the dishwasher? I have no idea. SO then I had to wait 3 more days till the Maytag guy could come out to our house to fix whatever was going on with the dishwasher only to have him tell me that we needed a new part because there was a broken part on our brand new dishwasher. Then he was trying to tell me I was going to have to wait 2 more weeks for them to get the part and have it fixed. Ya, NO WAY was I gonna wait for that. Hellllooooo the point of having a brand new house and brand new things is so that they WORK. So I quickly called Home Depot and told them that this was their problem because they sent me a BROKEN dishwasher and to send me a new one-which they did. And my awesome brother-in-law Eric just came out today and installed it for me-so I am finally doing a load of dishes :)
 
(The date on my pictures is messed up-I just noticed it's a month behind. Oops)

Ya we had to spoon the bubbles out of this evil thing.

So you might be thinking that I am done and about to end this post with the pictures of our house-well not yet. So for a few nights I had been enjoying my new fireplace because it's so pretty and we didn't have one in the condo. Well on Sunday all of the sudden the fireplace (yes it was turned on and I was using it because this house is freezing cause it's so open) the fire just shut off and the pilot light went out. So Trevor had to unplug it so that there wasn't any gas leaking. We are still waiting for our builder to make it out here and check that out. And finally and hopefully the last of our worries-at 3:30am Tuesday morning (technically Monday night to me) I woke from my sleep by a very interesting lemon-like chemical smell. The WHOLE house smelled like it really bad. Naturally because of what happened with the fireplace I freaked out and thought we were being intoxicated in our sleep. So being the grown up I am, what did I do? I called my mom and woke her up :) I then followed her advice and called poison control-who then informed me to call Questar Gas-who then informed me to call the Fire Department. Well no one was answering at the Fire Department(really?) so finally I called 911 (don't worry the first thing I said to the lady was this isn't an emergency-well I don't think it is) Shortly thereafter a cop and a few fireman showed up at our house with their little monitors only to tell me there were no harmful chemicals in the air and for the next 45 minutes tried to find out what the smell was. Well apparently fireman don't know everything and they were stumped. We did find out however that the smell is coming from the laundry room and I am convinced the smell is coming from the water valves that hook up to the washer. And of course we are just waiting for our builder to come out and tell us what is going on. Luckily we aired out the smell that night and it's only in the laundry room now and not in the entire house. Which makes me happy because I don't want my guests getting high while they are at my house.

So there you have it-the many exciting adventures of our lives since I last blogged. But I can say I really hope we don't have anymore adventures like the ones I just told you-I'm done with those for a loooong time. And here you all go-the long awaited pictures of our house finished. Enjoy!
  
Looking at the entry way from the Living Room.
Living Room


I love my fireplace!-and no the candles and lamp are not staying there-I'm not that bad at decorating
Front Den/Formal Room
Kitchen

Our bedroom-yes it needs some work but I will get around to that.

Bathroom and then the closet

Trevor's walk-in shower...and yes i know mismatching towels I will get prettier ones.


Backyard looking at the golf course

Backyard again

The view from our porch

Looking into the upstairs (3 bedrooms 1 bonus/play room and the bathroom)

Down to the basement (here are some pics of it even though it's unfinished if you wanna see)

Cold storage and lots of boxes

Behind the boards will eventually be a Jack and Jill bedroom with the bathroom in the middle.


Looking into Trevor's movie room.

The movie room


0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment

    Search This Blog